Grants for Arts Organizations and Individual Projects
- Youth Theatre Camp, $800
- Julia Millett, Oboe residency, $1000
- LAMP Composition academy, $1500
- Reid Campbell, Play writing , $500
- Maritime Concert Opera, Production of Acis and Galatea, $1000
- Doc Fest, Public talk by director, $1000
- NSCAD residents, Public Textile workshop, $1000
- LAMP Rossini Opera Festival, Original musical theatre based on Rossini letters, $1800
- Lunenburg Folk Harbour Festival, Folk Steps Workshop, $1000
- Peer Gallery, NS Archives exhibition, $500
- Colleen Hagen, Theatre production, $1200
- Sue Rogers, Exhibition of artwork, $500
- Maritime Concert Opera, Production of Pirates of Penzance, June 2019, $1000
- Lunenburg Art Gallery, March 2019 School Art Show, $600
- Helah Cooper, $800
Lunenburg Foundation for the Arts provides grants to arts organizations, as well as to both emerging and established artists across the full range of artistic media: theatre, visual arts, dance, writing, music, fine craft, as well as multi-media and inter-disciplinary projects.
- Grants are available to individual artists and to arts groups and organizations.
- Applicants must be based in Lunenburg County.
- The project must have a public component: performance, exhibition, workshop, other.
Applications are awarded twice yearly. Fully completed applications must be received no later than May 30 and October 30 annually. Applications are reviewed and awarded within one month of these deadlines.
A panel appointed by the Lunenburg Foundation for the Arts assesses all applications. Grants are awarded based on artistic merit, financial need, and benefit to the arts in Lunenburg County. While we welcome all applications, funds are limited and we may not be able to fund all requests. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised if they are eligible to re-apply.
Applications MUST include:
- Completed application form.
- 300 word statement describing the artistic project for which funds are requested.
- Artistic record/professional history of individual or organization.
- Completed budget using the form provided.
- Publicity plan, if applicable.
- 2 letters of recommendation.
Please note: A written follow-up report, successes and challenges, is required within two months of the conclusion/completion of the project. Proof of appropriate use of funds is required; actual budget figures must be added to the budget submitted with the original application.