Grants for Arts Organizations and Individual Projects
- Morgan Zwicker, jazz composer & performer, for Banff Centre music residency. $1000
- Onya Hogan-Finlay, contemporary interdisciplinary artist, for launch of sculpture project "Apple Obscura", $1000
- Lunenburg Folk Harbour Society, for intergenerational workshops for making traditional Mi'kmaw drums $1550
- Lunenburg Academy of Music Performance (LAMP),to support creation of Penelope Part II, the second of 3 commissions to complete a full-length opera. Poet/writer Sue Goyette, composer, Gavin Fraser and conductor/soprano, Barbara Hannigan, $2000
- Lunenburg Folk Harbour Society, Folk Steps conference and workshop, $1475
- LAMP, creating a composition by an emerging composer, $2,300
- Ricky Frenette, musician, composition academy $650
- Lunenburg Academy of Music Performance: Beethoven 250, $1,500
- Marla Benton: creation of a permanent ceramic wall sculpture at Bayview Community School, Mahone Bay; $1,500
- Maritime Concert Opera, performance of Hansel & Gretel; $1,000
- Rebecca Fisk: solo exhibition at the Lunenburg Art Gallery; $700
- Lunenburg Doc Fest: "Said & Scene" a unique collaboration of film and the spoken word; $500
- Lunenburg Art Gallery: annual High School Art Show, $300
- LAMP Rossini Opera Festival, Original musical theatre based on Rossini letters, $1800
- Lunenburg Folk Harbour Festival, Folk Steps Workshop, $1000
- Peer Gallery, NS Archives exhibition, $500
- Colleen Hagen, Theatre production, $1200
- Sue Rogers, Exhibition of artwork, $500
- Maritime Concert Opera, Production of Pirates of Penzance, June 2019, $1000
- Lunenburg Art Gallery, March 2019 School Art Show, $600
- Helah Cooper, $800
- Youth Theatre Camp, $800
- Julia Millett, Oboe residency, $1000
- LAMP Composition academy, $1500
- Reid Campbell, Play writing , $500
- Maritime Concert Opera, Production of Acis and Galatea, $1000
- Doc Fest, Public talk by director, $1000
- NSCAD residents, Public Textile workshop, $1000
Lunenburg Foundation for the Arts provides grants to arts organizations, as well as to both emerging and established artists across the full range of artistic media: theatre, visual arts, dance, writing, music, fine craft, as well as multi-media and inter-disciplinary projects.
- Grants are available to individual artists and to arts groups and organizations.
- Applicants must be based in Lunenburg County.
- The project must have a public component: performance, exhibition, workshop, other.
Applications are accepted twice yearly - at the end of May and October. Applications are reviewed and applicants notified of grants awarded within one month of the deadlines
A panel appointed by the Lunenburg Foundation for the Arts assesses all applications. Grants are awarded based on artistic merit, financial need, and benefit to the arts in Lunenburg County. While we welcome all applications, funds are limited and we may not be able to fund all requests. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised if they are eligible to re-apply.
Applications MUST include:
- Completed application form(.pdf) or .docx version
- 300 word statement describing the artistic project for which funds are requested.
- Artistic record/professional history of individual or organization.
- Completed budget using the form provided.
- Publicity plan, if applicable.
- 2 letters of recommendation.
Please note: A written follow-up report, successes and challenges, is required within two months of the conclusion/completion of the project. Proof of appropriate use of funds is required; actual budget figures must be added to the budget submitted with the original application.